The Struggling Twilight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twilight Campaign

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SpellDancer Prestige Class

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Feytouched

SpellDancer Prestige Class Empty
PostSubject: SpellDancer Prestige Class   SpellDancer Prestige Class I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 2:25 pm

I know that I probably won't be able to take it until 9th level... Two feats will be needed before I can even consider it.

SpellDancer

The rogue smiled. He had managed to sneak past the group of warriors and had almost reached the spellcaster who was raining fire down upon the rest of his group. He would make quick work of the helpless wizardress, just the way he'd dealt with the other enemy wizards he had previously encountered, especially since the party druid had sent her wolf to distract the opposing caster.

Then the path cleared and there she was. He readied his short sword and waited for the wolf to show up and engage the witch. Ah, there was his cue. The rogue quickly approached and aimed a thrust towards the back of the woman's neck, expecting to see her fall bleeding at his feet. But she quickly spun around and blocked his attack with a dagger of her own, then continued her spin to slash at the wolf. The dagger must have held a spell, because the wolf was blown back towards the trees. The Rogue's eyes widened and he backed up. The Witch continued spinning towards him and slashed him several times with the dagger, ending her flurry with a quick, complicated movement. The last thing the rogue saw was a small orange bead before he was engulfed in flames.

The rogues severely burned body was found at the site of the battle a few days later, along with the rest of the group that had been attacking the wizardress and her bodyguards. Not a single one of the attackers had survived.

Spelldancers are rare, but very powerful. They combine the movements of their bodies seamlessly with the movements of the mystical energies within them as they cast their spells. They are very agile, to the point that they can deal with attackers on all four sides of them without missing a beat, and their attacks can be more powerful than most. Bards, sorcerers, and wizards have all been known to take the path of the spelldancer, but bards are less suited to it than most, as they have to split their training between their bardic music performances and their dancing skills.

Requirements: Eschew Materials, Lightning Reflexes Perform (dance) 5 ranks, Spellcraft 5 ranks, Tumble 5 ranks, Arcane caster level 5th, Dex 13

Vital stats:
HD: d6
Skill Points: 4+Int
Class Skills: Balance, Concentration, Craft, Knowledge: Arcana, Perform, Spellcraft, Tumble

Lvl.....BAB.....F/R/W.....................Special..............................................................Spellcasting
.1........0.......0/2/2....Seamless Transition, Agile Defense +1.......................................-
.2........1.......0/3/3....Uncanny Dodge...............................................+1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class
.3........1.......1/3/3....Evasion............................................................+1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class
.4........2.......1/4/4....Spinning Attack +1d6......................................+1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class
.5........2.......1/4/4....Agile Defense +2.............................................+1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class
.6........3.......2/5/5....Graceful Metamagic.....................................................................-
.7........3.......2/5/5....Improved Uncanny Dodge...............................+1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class
.8........4.......2/6/6....Improved Evasion, Spinning Attack +2d6........+1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class
.9........4.......3/6/6....Agile Defense +3.............................................+1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class
10.......5.......3/7/7....Spelldancing....................................................+1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class

Spelldancers lose all abilities when wielding a weapon they are not proficient with, when wearing any armor, or when carrying more than a light load. They retain BAB, saves, and spells under such conditions.

Seamless Transition - A spelldancer can replace the verbal component of a spell with a somatic component if they wish to, regardless of whether or not the spell already requires a somatic component. To do this, you must not be restricted in your movement in any way.

Agile Defense - Because of the spelldancer's ability to quickly turn to face any direction, enemies have a hard time hitting her. She gains a dodge bonus to her AC as shown on the table above (level 1 +1; level 5 +2; level 9 +3).

Spells per Day - When a new spelldancer level is gained, and that level includes a spellcasting increase, the character gains new spells per day as if he had also gained a level in any one arcane spellcasting class he belonged to before he added the prestige class. He does not, however, gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained. This essentially means that he adds the level of spelldancer (not including non-casting levels) to the level of whatever other arcane spellcasting class the character has, then determines spells per day, caster level, etc. accordingly. If a character had more than one arcane spellcasting class before he became a spelldancer, he must decide to which class he adds each level of spelldancer that grants an increase in spellcasting for the purpose of determining spells per day.

Uncanny Dodge - At level 2, the spelldancer retains his Dexterity bonus to AC (if any) even if he is caught flat-footed or struck by an invisible attacker. However, he still loses his Dexterity bonus to AC if immobilized. If a spelldancer already has uncanny dodge from a different class, he automatically gains improved uncanny dodge instead.

Evasion - At level 3, if a spelldancer makes a successful Reflex saving throw against an attack that normally deals half damage on a successful save, she instead takes no damage. A spelldancer that is denied her dexterity bonus does not gain the benefit of evasion.

Spinning Attack - Upon reaching level 4, spelldancers can spin while attacking, thus adding momentum to their blow and making it deal more damage. With a DC 15 Perform (Dance) check, a spelldancer can add +1d6 damage to their melee attack. At level 8 this increases to +2d6. A spelldancer can only use a spinning attack on living creatures with discernible anatomies—undead, constructs, oozes, plants, and incorporeal creatures lack vital areas to attack. Any creature that is immune to critical hits is not vulnerable to spinning attacks. The spelldancer must be able to reach a vital area for the spinning attack to come into effect; if the target has concealment then spinning attack damage does not apply.

Graceful Metamagic - A spelldancer's movements become beneficial to their spellcasting upon reaching a certain point in their training, granting them different abilities depending on how they cast their spells.

- Spelldancers who cast spells spontaneously can apply metamagic feats (including Quicken Spell) to their spells without increasing the casting time, and spells that would normally require a full-round action to cast only require a standard action. Spells that require more than one full-round action to cast require one less round, while spells with a casting time not measured in full rounds are not reduced at all.

- Preparatory spelldancers can decide when preparing their spells to reduce the effect of a metamagic feat on a spell. They can lower the level increase caused by the feat on a spell by 1, but they may not lower the level increase below 1, and they can only use this a number of times per day equal to their key ability modifier (usually Int for preparatory casters). This cannot be used in conjunction with another level-lowering effect; if such an effect applies to a spell then the caster can choose to use this in it's place but they do not stack. If more than one metamagic feat is applied to a spell then this ability can be used once per feat, as long as each individual feat increases the spell level by at least 1. (being worked on)
Spelldancers who can cast arcane spells with preparation and spontaneously gain both abilities, but each ability only affects spells cast from that class. So, a sorcerer/wizard would be able to decrease the cost of his prepared metamagic spells and decrease the casting time of his spontaneous spells, but not reduce the casting time of his prepared spells and not reduce the metamagic level increase on his spontaneous spells.

Improved Uncanny Dodge - At level 7 and higher, the spelldancer can no longer be flanked. This defense denies a rogue the ability to sneak attack the spelldancer by flanking him, unless the attacker has at least four more rogue levels than the target has spelldancer levels. If a character already has uncanny dodge from a second class, the levels from the classes that grant uncanny dodge stack to determine the minimum level a rogue must be to flank the character.

Improved Evasion - At level 8, a spelldancer's evasion ability improves. She still takes no damage on a successful Reflex saving throw against attacks, but henceforth she takes only half damage on a failed save. A spelldancer that is denied her dexterity bonus does not gain the benefit of improved evasion.

Spelldancing - At 10th level the spelldancer has reached the peak of her training. After a successful Spinning Attack Perform check for a full-round attack, she can make an additional DC 25 Perform (Dance) check. If she succeeds, she may quicken one spell to be cast during her attack. This spell does not have to be cast on the target of her Spinning Attack, but it must be cast before the end of her turn or it is wasted. This ability can only be used during a full round attack using the Spinning Attack ability, and it can be used a maximum number of times per day equal to the spelldancer's Dex mod (minimum 1). As this ability requires the use of a spinning attack, it cannot be used against creatures immune to critical hits or against creatures with concealment.
Back to top Go down
Mojo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: SpellDancer Prestige Class   SpellDancer Prestige Class I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 10:21 am

so i know if anything is added
Back to top Go down
https://twighlight.darkbb.com
Mojo
Admin

PostSubject: Re: SpellDancer Prestige Class   SpellDancer Prestige Class I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 3:39 pm

had a bit of time to go over the prestige class. i've only gone through a handfull of other prestiges classes but this seems over powered. u get the benefits of a 10th lvl rogue minsu the the large backstab. the spinning attack is kind of cool as you don'y have to be flanking or or have the subject at a dex loss to invoke. the spelldancing abilty where u can cast and do a full round of combat is a vito for me. the saves are the best of both worlds rogue and caster the prestiges kits i've seen have been either one or the other or a mix of the two not taking the best of both. out of 10 lvl os prestige u advance 8 lvls of caster and gain the important abilitirs of a 10th lvl rogue. once again i'll be going over more prestige classses to compare more accurately. the prestige classes i've been looking at al seem to be specialized in one feild this one seems to be taking two classes and merging them into a condensed version for easier levels.

first 30 min analysis of the class but am exhausted and ran out of steam to complete tonight.

if you see some prestige kits that take 2 classes particularly rogue/caster and blend them ( complete arcane, complete, mage, complete adventurer, divine, etc.. the core books not online)
pls let me know what book and the page # as this will help more eyes will help in the process.

night all
Back to top Go down
https://twighlight.darkbb.com
Richard

PostSubject: Re: SpellDancer Prestige Class   SpellDancer Prestige Class I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 2:55 pm

Shocked

Last edited by Richard on Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Feytouched

PostSubject: Re: SpellDancer Prestige Class   SpellDancer Prestige Class I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2010 1:50 pm

I'll go over the spelldancer class and see about making changes to it... That or perhaps I'll tailor make a prestige class for her... Although it's vastly less likely... Suspect
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SpellDancer Prestige Class   SpellDancer Prestige Class I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SpellDancer Prestige Class
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Struggling Twilight :: campaign :: Player-
Jump to: